GOOGLE’S NEW UPDATE ON PRODUCT REVIEWS
Google’s mission is to organize all the information from around the world. A part of this mission is to organize product information for shoppers and retailers. Google does this by collecting accurate and trusted product data and makes it available to shoppers. If you are an e-commerce site and wish to reach your target customers, we suggest you provide quality product information.
Through several experiments and testing, Google concludes that customers or users rely on in-depth product reviews to make any purchase. To help customers globally, Google has enhanced its ranking system. This algorithm update in the ranking system is specifically designed to reward or encourage such in-depth product reviews.
Google also states that their previous suggestions on ‘how to offer quality content’ are valid and must be followed strictly. The main goal here is to provide relevant, informative, and well-researched content written by experts or enthusiasts who know the topic well.
Check out the additional list of points given below before writing a product review:
- Express expert knowledge about products where appropriate.
- Show what the product is like, physically, or how it is used, with unique content beyond what’s provided by the manufacturer.
- Provide quantitative measurements about how a product measures up in various categories of performance.
- Explain what sets a product apart from its competitors.
- Cover comparable products to consider or explain which products might be best for certain uses or circumstances.
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of a particular product based on your research.
- Describe how a product has evolved from its previous models or releases to provide improvements, address issues, or otherwise help users in making a purchase decision.
- Identify key decision-making factors for the product’s category and how the product performs in those areas? For example, a car review might determine that fuel economy, safety, and handling are key decision-making factors and rate performance in those areas.
- Describe key choices in how a product has been designed and their effect on the users beyond what the manufacturers say.
After following the above-mentioned suggestions, if you still have questions or need more explanation on creating good content, check out the resources on Google Search Central, including tools, help pages, and our forums.